Effective coaching and mentoring – ILM 5 Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
• Build your leadership and coaching foundation on sound principles
• Learn coaching skills to help and grow others
• Discover the power of asking good questions
Duration: 36 Months
Modules: 12 months
Start Date: Own time
Completion Date: Within 36 months from registration
$2,111.00 excl Vat
In our online connected world, there is so much knowledge, information, research and analysis available to help us to become successful in what we hope to achieve. And yet, we see so seldom the real and lasting improvements we hope for. We know and understand the importance of being agile to meet today's challenges. We can imagine what agile organisations look like. However, if people don't grow and change at a personal level, we will remain disappointed in our wishes and aspirations.
The problem is that we can so easily over-estimate what we know, or think we know, and so easily under-estimate asking more and deeper questions for our collective learning and transformation. As Clayton Christensen said, without a good question, a good answer has no place to go. Without the question, the room where the positive change needs to happen first, remains closed. If we are not truly open and curious, suspending our judgement, the chances are slim that our attitudes and behaviours will change, no matter how good the answers are.
Embrace the skill of good coaching and the heart of being a good mentor, and see how a new world of work and relationships can be realised.
In this ILM 5 Coaching and Mentoring course leadership principles are an integrated part of the learning journey. The rationale is that coaching and mentoring are key skills for leadership in our time.
- Description of self-awareness: What is it and how can it be observed?
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- The power of self-awareness
- Growing self-awareness, emotional awareness and self-control
- Description of adaptability: What is it and how can it be observed?
- Adaptability illustrated
- Adaptability versus conformity
- Types of change
- Our responses to change
- Deep change and theory U
- Becoming more adaptable
- Description of building relationships: What is it and how can it be observed?
- Personal interest and relationship building
- The value of conflict
- Dealing effectively with conflict
- Description of decision-making: What is it and how can it be observed?
- Understanding decision-making in general
- Thinking styles and decision-making
- Decision-making and problem-solving in leadership
- Description of leadership styles: What is it and how can it be observed?
- The need for style awareness and flexibility
- Stability in character but openness to different approaches
- Responsive and responsible leadership
- Description of empowering leadership: What is it and how can it be observed?
- The illusion of control and personal contribution
- Appreciating the value and impact of empowerment
- Encourage, involve, enable
Trend and systems awareness
- Description of trend and system awareness: : What is it and how can it be observed
- Systems thinking approach illustrated
- Systems thinking and complexity
- Recognising trends
- Description of organisational awareness - What is it and how can it be observed?
- Elements of the work organisation
- Building organisational awareness
- Organisational awareness lifecycle
- Alignment, climate and morale
- Description of strategic thinking - What is it and how can it be observed?
- Strategic thinking illustrated
- Strategic thinking for everyone
- The strategic thinking process
- Strategic thinking skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strategic thinking frameworks and tools
- Description of cultural awareness - What is it and how can it be observed?
- The importance of cultural awareness, sensitivity and competence
- Diversity as a competitive advantage
- Intercultural communication
- Description of technology awareness - What is it and how can it be observed?
- The role of technology in our lives - for better or worse
- Responsible use of technology
- The need for awareness - key trends
Creativity and innovation
- Description of creativity and innovation - What is it and how can it be observed?
- Blockages to creativity
- Creativity at work
- Characteristics of innovative thinkers
- Develop creative and innovative thinking
The full ILM level 5 certificate duration is 36 months. The learning journey can be completed at the participant's own pace. On average, the sections or modules should take 2 weeks per section/module. It allows time for experiential learning, reflection and feedback. Once completed, the ILM assignments must be done within 36 months of registration. Participants will receive tutor support for the ILM assignment work from the ILM service centre BCF.
You can complete it at your own pace – the only time limit is that the final assignment has to be submitted to ILM within 36 months from registration.
Coaching sessions can be added to the learning journey for in-depth personalised development.
- Learning material (text and video)
- Examples/case studies
- Relevant resources
- Experiential learning tasks
- Feedback question
- Coaching sessions can be added for in-depth personalised development
- Middle and senior managers who want to develop their leadership skills in addition to existing managerial skills
- Entrepreneurs and business owners seeking to bolster their leadership abilities and effectiveness
By the end of the programme the participant will be able to:
- Assess your mentoring and coaching skills and knowledge and understand where you need to improve
- Understand the role coaching and mentoring plays in organisations
- Effectively plan and deliver your coaching sessions
- Evaluate your performance as a business coach and mentor
- Plan your future development
- Develop colleagues as effective coaches and mentors
Online self-study and group interaction (if applicable)
For specified group formations contact the course coach
Why choose NVNT Learning and Development?
At NVNT, we separate the signal from the noise, showing you the most strategic points to focus on to boost your operational efficiencies and profits. Learning a strategy or implementing a system is only the first step. We treat a business as an ecosystem and know that a change in one area will have an impact on others. The NVNT Leraning & Development provides learning and development journeys in the various fields and areas of the 21st century work organisation. The NVNT team is passionate about their work and confident in their ability to deliver cutting edge thought leadership, education, solutions, and guidance. For any assistance kindly contact us.
Manage your time
NVNT Learning and Development models are designed to help you, as a working professional, improve your skills without compromising on work and family responsibilities. The course work is offered in various learning formats including online self-study, facilitated group interaction, tutoring/coaching and virtual classroom training, depending on the specific course. In most cases you can pace yourself over the duration of the course which allows you the legroom to work when it suits you best.
At the beginning of each module you'll be presented with the course outline and course requirements. You also have access to your course teacher who will help you manage your time, and support you with any administrative or technical queries you might have.
Create a "My Courses" account
Upon purchasing your first course your personal details will be used to automatically create your My Courses Portal. You will receive an email with login details and a link to access your courses and manage your details. You can also create and access your account in the My Courses tab in the main website menu.
Access my course material
Your course material will always be accesable via our online My Courses portal. Once logged in you will be able to access your weekly modules and contact your tutors for assistants.
Course material can be accessed via your portal after the payment has been processed. You will be notified via email with access links. You can also access your "My Courses" portal via the main menu. Should you not be able to access your course material kindly contact us.
Cancellation and refunds
If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course you are entitled to a full refund.
Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Cancellation and Refund policy. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e. if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e. via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.
Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to our program NVNT Learning & Development reserves the right to withdraw or cancel any course. If for any reason we cancel a course, all course fees will be returned in full.
Each course is listed with an outline as an overview, should you require more information with regards to a course before you make a purchase kindly contact us for more information.
Before adding a course to your cart make sure the "Enable Group Purchase" option is enabled. This will allow you as the course leader to manage the group purchase in your "My Courses" portal after the purchase is finalized.
The portal will allow you to create users and grant them access to course material. You can also add more users to the group by purchasing additional courses. The number of courses purchased equals the number of users you can enroll.
For questions on customized group purchases please contact us below.